thinking of joining an affiliate scheme? Here is what to look for!
16 Things To Check
Before Joining An Affiliate Program
by Lana Hampton
1. Does the affiliate program offer you a free way to join without buying
the product or service?
2. Contact other affiliates already in the program to see if they have had
3. Is the product or service related to your target audience?
4. Can they notify you by e-mail when a sale is made?
5. Do they offer backend products so you can get repeat sales from the same
6. How often will you receive a commission check?
7. Do you get credited for a sale if people come back in a month and then
make a purchase.
8. Can you get around-the-clock help online or offline?
9. Do you get a large percentage of each sale as commission?
10. Do they provide you with proven sales material? (links, banners,
classified ads, sales letters, etc.)
11. Will they give you the leeway to create promotional ads.
12. Do they offer you access to an online sales stats page?
13. Do they use a reputable system to track your sales?
14. Does the affiliate program pay commission for sales of people who sign
up under you?
15. Can they offer customers a lot of different ordering options, so in
return you won't lose sales.
16. Will they keep in contact with you on a regular basis by e-mail?
For more articles by